Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo creation using api

ewsscm November 4, 2020

In a project with  project key say XXX, is there an api call that can be made to create the repo named "test"? We are currently on bitbucket data center

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

You can use /rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos post to create a new repository. The authenticated user must have project admin permissions in the project you want to create the repository.

ewsscm November 4, 2020

Thanks Mikael for the response. Would the entire command be something like this (tried couple options and didnt work yet)

curl -s -u username:password -k --header "Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT"Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT "https://bitbucket.xxx.xxx/rest/api/1.0/projects/CR/repos/testtest"

CR is the project key and testtest is the name of the repos

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

From what I can see from the documentation you also have to include scmId which should be set to git. Here is the example in the guide:

{
    "name": "My repo",
    "scmId": "git",
    "forkable": true,
    "defaultBranch": "main"
}

Default branch and workable are optional. 

jagauthier November 16, 2020

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this is not working for me as I expect it to.

curl - u username:password http://bitbucket.domains/rest/api/1.0/projects/PROJECT/repos/toplevel -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"name": "newrepo", "scmID": "git"}'

Instead creates a repo here:

/rest/api/1.0/projects/~USERNAME/repos/newrepo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events