Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed access to my own repository. I cannot access it now

Deleted user January 2, 2021

Trying out few things I accidentally removed the "Administrator" user group from one of my repositories and such user group was the only one allowed to access the repository. Now, the repository is in a "zombie" state because I no one can access it.

How can I regain access to such repo? I cannot see it any more. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Do you remember the URL of the repo?

If you are an administrator of the workspace that owns the repo, you should be able to access its User and group access page and restore admin access via the link:

https://bitbucket.org/workspace-id/repo-slug/admin/access

Just replace workspace-id and repo-slug with the values for your own workspace and repo.

Please feel free to let me know if you don't remember the repo URL, so we can see what else we can do.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deleted user January 4, 2021

Hello Theodora,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not remember the repo url. Is there a Plan B? I do have other information such as workspace ID and I do know the repo name too. Would that be of any help?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

If you have the workspace ID and the repo name, then you essentially have the repo URL.

I can see in our system the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your Community account, and I believe I have also located the repo in question.
I am not going to share it here, as I don't know if you feel comfortable having the URL shared here publicly.

I see the repo name has underscores, let's say it's called my_repo, and assume that the workspace ID is myworkspace.
Then the URL of your repo will be

Add to the end of the URL admin/access, and you'll be able to access this URL:

and you can restore access.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi Theodora,

I have not been able to locate it yet. Thank you for keeping the repo ids private, I prefer if they are kept private for the conversation. However, I can provide the following information that be of use:

The workspace name where the repo was located is called "Clients" and the repository started as follows "weeXXX" (the X are for privacy purposes). The repository is an Android application written in Java (I believe the only Android application written in Java in that workspace).

I accidentally removed the Admin group from that repo (the only user group who had accessed to that repo). If you could please, from your side, assign back the Admin user group for such repo would be fantastic.

Thank you

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

I added the Administrators group of the workspace to the repo. 

Could you please check the workspace page again (do a hard refresh to prevent caching issues) and let me know if you can see the repo?

If there are still issues, please let me know and I can open a support ticket for you. The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, so we can share the repo URL with you.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hello Theodora,

I have refreshed the page and the repository now appears in the list.

Thank you for the support and quick replies. I appreciate your help. No need to open a support ticket, the problem is now solved.

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

That's good to hear! I'm glad that the issue is resolved, thank you for the confirmation, and you are very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

i think one super user will be there in your organisation while creating profiles , tell him to add you as a Admin or raise the issue with Product team.

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me,

The repository is a personal project and no one else had permission to access it. So, if my account is not that super admin, no other account is. Again, it was a personal project which only one person (me) have had access since I created it. 

I can see the workspace but I cannot see the repository.

Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

okay thanks for clarifying me . let me search for more option .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events