Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove default reviewers for single branch and all

Ivo July 1, 2024

Hello, 

We need to remove the option for default reviewers from the pull requests. Currently the settings are: 

1+ approval from default reviewers

Screenshot from 2024-07-01 11-33-31.png

This option is unchecked in Repository settings --> Workflow --> Branch restrictions -> 'Merge settings': 

Screenshot from 2024-07-01 11-33-49.png

Is this possible? 

Regards, 

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Hello @Ivo ,

thank you for reaching out to Community!

That particular merge check seems to be coming from a Custom Merge check configured in your repository.

Could you please navigate to Repository Settings > Custom Merge Checks under "Workflow", and check for any existing custom merge check currently in place for that repository ?

You will likely find the corresponding custom merge check for the rule you're trying to disable, so you'd just need to turn off that merge check from that page.

I hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Ivo !

Patrik S

Ivo July 2, 2024

Hello @Patrik S ,

Thank you very much for your response! 

I don't see any custom configuration for the repository and workspace about Cu
stom merge checks under Repository or Workflow section. 

Repository custom merge checks:

Screenshot from 2024-07-02 21-46-13.png

Workspace custom merge checks:

Screenshot from 2024-07-02 21-48-27.png

Regards,
Ivo

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Hey @Ivo ,

thanks for the confirmation.

In this case, as there are no custom merge checks, there must be some restriction in place in your repository/project that matches that pull request's destination branch.

I noticed that in your original question, you added the screenshot of one of the branch restrictions where the merge check is indeed disabled. However, could you confirm if that is the sole branch restriction in that repository?

You can have more than one branch restriction setup that applies to different branches/branch patterns, and there should be some of them that are matching with the destination branch of the pull request you used as an example.

I would suggest verifying what is the destination branch of the pull request and then confirming which of the branch restrictions in Repository Settings > Branch restrictions matches with that branch, so you can turn those merge checks off for that particular branch/branch pattern.

Thank you, @Ivo !

Patrik S 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events