Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote repository exceed 4GB size, need a remote git gc

Marco Mantoanelli February 16, 2022

I'm currently working to reset a repository to a usable size on this repository <information removed due to privacy reasons> but the size limit of 4GB is reached and i can't do any push now.
Can you please help? 
Thanks.

m

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

Hi, @Marco Mantoanelli! Welcome to the community! 

I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce its size to 287.4 MB. 

I also would like to share with you that we have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Hi @Caroline R 
my savior! Thanks really a lot.
Thanks for the suggestions about community rules and behaviour too :)

Regards,
Marco

Tommy Dwi Putranto June 14, 2022

Hi @Caroline R  can you help me too. my repository increased over 2GB different with my local repository. so i think i need to git gc on the server repo.

this my repo:
https://bitbucket.org/tunaiku/senyumku-ios-version

Thanks

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2022

Hello @Tommy Dwi Putranto ,

Checking our internal tools I've noticed your repository is already under 2GB. In case you still need a GC to be run on our side, I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, as a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users’ issues in it.

Thank you, @Tommy Dwi Putranto .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Đặng Bá Tú
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2023
1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

Hello, @Marco Mantoanelli 

I'm going to ping someone from Atlassian to see if manually doing garbage collection can help you out.

Hello @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
thanks a lot!

Looking forward for any updates from support :)

m

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events