Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered at https://BitBucket.org via Google Account: provided no password, but 'git clone' asks

burstx
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2019

I guess, there is a problem with the users registered at BitBucket.org via Google Account, because this requires no password for BitBucket to be entered during the user registration.

Then the user creates a private repo at BitBucket.org. Then tries to clone it in the local machine. And 'git clone' requires the password for the private repository, but the user has never provided a password to BitBucket (that's the whole idea of registering via Google Account).

Maybe this is only a problem for the private repositories, but it makes sense to ask the users registered via Google Accounts to provide a password for cloning their private repos. Otherwise such users always will have to reset the password and the registration via Google Account looses its charm.

This is my case. And I would like to ask, if there is another option other than resetting the password for BitBucket.org, even though I registered via Google Account?

FYI, resetting the password helps, but still.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

Hi Vadim, welcome to the Community!

You don't need to reset your Bitbucket's password. In cases like this is when the App Password comes to use :) You can learn how to create an app password here. 

Let us know if you have any difficulties, Vadim, we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events