Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Regain the control of my repository Edited

Hi,

Recently, my MacBook got wet and it was sent to get fixed. I guess they replace everything in it. Anyway, after I have it back and try to push my code to my repo, when I type

git push <remote> <branch_name>

the terminal just hangs there, everything gets stuck, no output, no response, no nothing. I already added my new SSH key to my account, and I also tried

git branch

to see which branch I am on, and it did show all my branches. I have no idea how to fix it.

So could anyone help me to regain the control of my repo?  Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Dec 07, 2019

Hi @sijieh

is your clone of repository correctly connected to the remote server? (Are there any remote connections saved?) You can check this using following command:

git remote -v

Hi, @Hana Kučerová 

This is what I got

origin git@bitbucket.org:<my_name>/<repo_name>.git (fetch)
origin git@bitbucket.org:<my_name>/<repo_name>.git (push)

I am not familiar what this implies.

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Dec 19, 2019

Hi @sijieh ,

it looks good, basically it means, that your local repository is still connected to the remote repository. Did you try to perform another operations like pull?

The described behaviour is very strange and it looks like that something went wrong very badly - maybe there is still some problem with your hardware?

I don't know, if you had made any modifications to your code, that haven't been commited yet, but it seems to me, that it will be the best solution to create the fresh copy of the remote repository (git clone ...). Is it possible to test it using another computer?

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Actually you are right, my local repo is still connected to the remote, my last push got delayed and the commit did not show up in the website immediately, but now it's all good. It's quite wired though.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,826 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you