Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating a user in Bitbucket Cloud

Martin Hirschkorn February 10, 2022

I just added a user to one of my user groups. But it seems this user must have already had an account, since instead of sending an invitation email, the user's name appeared in the group, but with a DEACTIVATED tag.

If he does have an existing account, I would like to reactivate it, but the user does not appear in the User Directory or anywhere else I can see.

How can I reactivate the account, or even delete it and send another invitation?

3 answers

0 votes
Willi Gottstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2022

this post can be deleted (don't see an option to do it myself). Thanks!

0 votes
Martin Hirschkorn February 17, 2022

The internal ticket has at least explained (if not resolved) the issue, so I'll provide an update here.

It seems that Atlassian cloud accounts are global across all Atlassian customers, and each customer can claim ownership of all user accounts with email address on a domain they control.

I was trying to give access to my repos to a user outside of my organization. But his email address was already tied to an Atlassian account, and that account was managed by his organization. At some point they deactivated his account, and that means it is globally deactivated across all Atlassian customers, including me.

The only solution that seems possible is for him to create a second Atlassian account using a different email address.

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2022

Hi, @Martin Hirschkorn, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

If this user is under your domain, you should be able to see their account under your Managed accounts (accessing https://admin.atlassian.com > your organization > Directory).

As you confirmed it does not appear in the User Directory or anywhere else, I have created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account, so you don't have to share this information here. This way, we can further investigate what is happening with this account. 

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Martin Hirschkorn February 10, 2022

Thanks for the reply. 

Maybe I'm also confused about where I should see the user appear. If I go to https://admin.atlassian.com, it seems to take me to a site administration page, where I have a Users page in the User Management category. If I go there, I only see a list of users that are active on my Jira site, which is not the same as the Bitbucket users. 

Another detail that could be critical here: I'm an admin for the Jira site and for the Bitbucket workspace, but I'm not the Org Admin. Is the Org Admin the person who would have access to all accounts, and ability to reenable them?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2022

Hi, @Martin Hirschkorn

I see another support engineer is already discussing this case with you in an internal ticket, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter on two different platforms, let’s focus on the ticket instead.

Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may have the same issue.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events