Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random authentication issues and out of sync with our Bitbucket repo

Domenic Ricciardi June 8, 2020

I am experiencing seemingly random authentication issues and synchronization issues with our company's bitbucket server. These issues started occurring only in the last week and I am the only one in the company having the issues. Currently I am on Windows 10 and using GitBash to make changes to the repo. The server is internal and can only be accessed by those connected to our network. We are using BitBucket 7.

Authentication Issues:

(1) In GitBash, attempting to git pull will sometimes result in a "fatal: Authentication failed for 'http://...'" message. I can attempt to git pull repeatedly until the request goes through.

(2) When viewing BitBucket from my web browser (chrome), sometimes I will get logged out while trying to navigate through the repository or refreshing the page.

(3) When trying to log back in, I will occasionally get a "The remote authentication server is not available. Please try again later." message. Trying again with the same credentials will eventually get me a successful login.

Out of Sync Issues:

Commits and pushes I have made in GitBash are reflected when viewing the BitBucket repository from my web browser. My coworkers do not see these changes when viewing BitBucket from their browser. I do not see their changes, only mine.

Strangely enough, doing a git pull updated my BitBucket browser to reflect my coworker's changes and made my changes disappear. Attempting to push my changes in GitBash afterwards did the opposite, causing my coworker's changes to disappear and mine to reappear. Not sure why this happens. My coworkers see the same thing in BitBucket, I am the only on seeing something different.

I think I may have conducted some git operations out of order and have confused the server and/or my machine. Either that or there is data being cached somewhere and not updating.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Domenic Ricciardi June 16, 2020

We discovered we had two servers attempting to run the same instance of bitbucket in our server room. One of them was used for period back-ups, it was not supposed to be plugged in....

In any case, the problem is solved

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events