Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC failed; curl 56 OpenSSL SSL_read: Connection was reset, errno 10054

leobartolome December 14, 2020

Cannot open bitbucket page so I changed my ip address if the problem persist and it worked so I tried pushing my code to bitbucket but it keeps throwing error: RPC failed; curl 56 OpenSSL SSL_read: Connection was reset, errno 10054 and thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2020

Hi @leobartolome , welcome to the Community!

Connection reset errors often happen when no shared cipher/SSL protocol is available. Bitbucket Cloud only supports TLS 1.2, and only with non-weak cyphers as described here.

If you happen to be on Ubuntu 14.04, a user on the Community has provided instructions for the packages you'll need to install to get modern SSL cyphers . I mention this one specifically as it's a common setup still.

Otherwise - upgrading git is probably a good place to start. If you are able to share which operating system you're on, I might be able to provide additional pointers. An outdated package is very likely the culprit; knowing which OS you're on and how you're pushing code will help track down what to update.

Cheers,
Daniel

leobartolome December 15, 2020

Thank you for the reply and I am currently using window 8.1 (64-bit) I am pushing my code using git version : 2.28.0.windows.1 and OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020 and also bitbucket is not working on my browser (using chrome)

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2020

Thanks for that additional information!

I'd expect that git version to be ok - so here are some additional thoughts:

• You could switch from HTTPS to SSH for your git operations; this would bypass the SSL handshake (SSH uses its own encryption independent of the HTTPS configuration for Bitbucket Cloud). Instructions for setup are here.
  • Since you mentioned Bitbucket isn't working in your browser, this actually makes me believe there's a trust issue with the certificate store on your system. Do you get an error message in Chrome that says the connection is not secure, and can you get additional details in Chrome? We use a DigiCert-signed certificate for Bitbucket:
    image.png
  • It might also be possible there's a proxy server between you and Bitbucket (such as the edge of your company's network) - if it's trying to decrypt the HTTPS traffic, that also might cause certificate trust issues
Like leobartolome likes this
leobartolome December 16, 2020

Yes your right its working now its related to proxy server thank you sir that was a big help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events