You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Error : RPC failed; curl 56 Failure when receiving data from the peer
This is for our VM sandbox environment with isolated network connection from the rest of the network. I can successfully clone/push/push from the rest of the network, but I am unable to clone from the sandbox area. I figure it has to be because this area is isolated, but I can't pin it down as to why I keep getting the error above. Checked firewalls, disabled antivirus all to no avail.
Appreciate any suggestions.
I would like to ask if you could provide some additional details so we can better help you:
1) Are you using HTTPS or SSH to clone the repo?
2) Could you please try cloning with one of the following commands, which will provide verbose output, and post the full output here?
In case you are using HTTPS:
GIT_TRACE_PACKET=1 GIT_TRACE=1 GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1 <git command>
Please make sure to remove the line that starts with Authorization: from the output prior to sharing here, as it includes credential info. Please also sanitize any other private info, like workspace-id and repo name.
In case you are using SSH:
GIT_TRACE_PACKET=1 GIT_TRACE=1 GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -vvv" <git command>
3) Does the issue occur with one specific repo only, or with multiple Bitbucket repos?
4) What version of Git do you have on this virtual machine? You can find that with the command git --version
Hello Theodora and thanks for the response.
2. Please see attached. The folder appears at the start of the process and disappears mid way before the error (RPC failed; curl 56 failure........).
3. All repo when you try to clone from the sandbox environment
Thanks for the support.
remote: Enumerating objects: 355, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (355/355), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (335/335), done.
remote: Total 355 (delta 18), reused 355 (delta 18), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (355/355), 2.49 MiB | 4.97 MiB/s
Receiving objects: 100% (355/355), 6.93 MiB | 7.63 MiB/s, done.
error: RPC failed; curl 56 Failure when receiving data from the peer
Resolving deltas: 100% (18/18), done.
Thank you for the info. I suspect that the issue may be caused by a bug in the version of Git you are using that occurs with Bitbucket Cloud.
I found these two bug reports here:
Based on the feedback provided there, you can try the following:
1) Run the command
git config --global http.sslBackend openssl
Afterwards, try cloning a Bitbucket Cloud repo again and see if it works.
2) Alternatively, uninstall Git and then try installing it again using the latest snapshot from this page:
It is mentioned in the comments that the bug was fixed 4 days ago and the latest snapshot should include the fix.