You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
We are thinking in enable the two-step verification feature, but we need to know more details about the behavior, like:
1. Expiration time of each session.
2. Can I adjust and change this time?
3. Does the user need to put the code every time they perform a push/pull/clone?
4. In addition to the mobile app, can I send the code trough sms or email too?
5. Can I enables this resource only to a single project (per-project activation)?
6. The ssh key is a pre-req?
Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud community :)
1. There is no expiration time per se, once you have authenticated using 2FA - you will be able to access your account until either the browsing session is cleared or the account is logged out
2. There is no ability to adjust the expiration time
3. No, the 2FA authentication is exclusive to accessing the Bitbucket Cloud account when logging in via the website. SSH key is used for SSH authentication, App Password is used for HTTPS authentication.
4. No, 2FA authentication is handled through either mobile applications or a security key device (ie Yubikey). Resetting the 2FA codes requires you to reset this on the login screen or via SSH key - this is detailed in the following article:
5. No, 2FA authentication is configured at the workspace level - it cannot only be applied to certain projects/repositories
6. SSH key is not a pre-requisite, SSH keys are used for authentication with GIT/Pipelines
Hope this helps.
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.