Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query filter by state.result.name does not work

Adrian Moica
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2022

I need to do a git diff between the current branch and the last pipeline completed successfully in the master branch. I use the following query to get the last pipeline completed succesfully

pipelines/?target.branch=master

&fields=values.build_number,values.state.result.name,values.target.commit.hash

&sort=-created_on

&pagelen=1

&q=(state.name = "COMPLETED" AND state.result.name = "SUCCESSFUL")

that translates to the following URL encoded string

pipelines/?target.branch=master&fields=values.build_number,values.state.result.name,values.target.commit.hash&sort=-created_on&pagelen=1&q=%28state.name%20%3D%20%22COMPLETED%22%20AND%20state.result.name%20%3D%20%22SUCCESSFUL%22%29

While the other query fields do work, it seems that the query filter q=(state.name = "COMPLETED" AND state.result.name = "SUCCESSFUL") does not have any effect.

Please advise what query I must use to get the last successfully completed pipeline in the master branch.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Adrian Moica,

I'm afraid that filtering does not work with Pipelines API endpoint. You may be able to filter the results using another tool that filters JSON data, like jq, and then use the following API endpoint to trigger a pipelines build:

We have a feature request for the ability to filter the results in pipelines API endpoint:

If you'd be interested in this feature, I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature requests. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events