Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push error remote: Unauthorized fatal:Authentication failed for....

Choi Dae Yun March 15, 2018

캡처.PNG

I use bitbucket

pull is fine but not push

push -> write password -> error

Bitbucket Homepage ID and password when pushing?

Is there another password? Or I do not know what went wrong.

2 answers

2 votes
Kanwar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi Choi Dae Yun,

From your screenshot, your remote URL is not evident.

Does your remote URL have the username as part of it i.e. https://USER@bitbucket-url

where USER is a valid Bitbucket user.

If so, please check if your repository has "Allow users without a Bitbucket account to clone and browse this repository." flag enabled on Repository Permissions page (Choose repository -> Gear icon on left -> Repository permissions) then git pull will work without authentication.

However, git push will still require authentication using a valid password for USER specified in the remote URL.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kanwar | Atlassian

Choi Dae Yun March 28, 2018

캡처.PNG캡처2.PNGDoes USER mean Username??

My Username is jmchy

Push the first photo and the second photo after login

first photo id, password is Atlassian homepage id, password

Kanwar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi Choi Dae Yun,

Thanks for the screenshots. What is the password that you use for the first screenshot from Sourcetree?

Please try with the same password for the command-line git operation and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Kanwar | Atlassian

Choi Dae Yun April 8, 2018

The first screenshot password is the same as the Atlassian  homepage.

In the installation of sourcetree, the same ID and password are used for authentication.

There is no other password.

Kanwar
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2018

Hi @Choi Dae Yun,

When you said "There is no other password" did you mean git push command does not prompt you for password?

If true, there are two things we need you to send us:

1. Enable debug logging for git operations and execute the git push command again
  2. Attach the output of git config --global --list

This will confirm if you are using git credential helper for authentication and if so, you may need to check the password set in the credential manager. Here is a document on Permanently authenticating with Git repositories for your reference.

Regards,

Kanwar | Atlassian

Choi Dae Yun April 9, 2018

캡처.PNG캡처2.PNGIs the first picture the answer to your question (Attach the output)?

sourcetree -> option, it is a picture of the account authentication, and authentication succeeds.

If you press push in that state, Bitbucket login window appears and you get the same error.

1 vote
Frederick Dyste May 6, 2018

I ran into the same problem but my solution ended up being updating my password in Accounts. I got to Accounts by going to the SourceTree splash screen, clicking on the gear icon, selecting Accounts and editing my login information to update my password.

I realized this when I was able to push through command line and it asked me for my password, then pushed no problem. The odd thing is I changed my password a few weeks ago and the issue just caught up to SourceTree. Seems like a big lag from changing the password to it being an issue in SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events