Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull request commit not appears

Gaurav Panchal July 5, 2021

After creating Pull request commit changes not getting loaded. It show below error. 

Something went wrong

Wait a few moments, then try again.Screenshot 2021-07-05 at 6.04.59 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi, @Gaurav Panchal

It is possible that the timeout occurs if the PR diff is above the limits. Currently, the limits on diffs for pull requests are:

• A file's diff cannot exceed 2000 changed lines or 102,400 bytes (100 KB) of raw diff data.

• The entire diff cannot exceed 8000 changed lines.

• The maximum number of files in a single diff is limited to 200.

Could you please confirm if the diff of this Pull Request is within our limits? 

If any of these limits are exceeded, then this is the expected behavior. You can read more about our limits on the following link: 

If the PR diff is within the limits, it could be happening because our engineering teams are in the process of migrating many of our core services onto new infrastructure. As part of this migration, we are aware that certain operations including those that require significant file system I/O may perform more slowly than usual.

We are actively engaged in a number of optimizations that should alleviate these issues in the coming days. In the meantime, please bear with us.

Steps you can take on your end to improve the experience include:

1. Try to keep the number of open pull requests in your repository to a minimum. Decline any old pull requests that you aren’t likely to merge. (You can always open new ones later.)

2. Break large changes into multiple smaller pull requests. Not only will these load faster, but they’ll also be more digestible and easier for your teammates to review.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events