cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull Requests

Hawk Base
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2019

My project builds on the CI / CD pipeline. When I create a pull request in Bit Bucket, jobs are automatically triggered.

I have a feature branch. When I create a PR now and job been successfully built. Now, When I create a merge request, I always get this error " Merge cannot be performed as I have updates in my Master branch"

I need to update the changes in the Master in my feature branch so that I can create a Merge request. What command do I need to use in Git Bash? Please guide.

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Hawk Base,

Welcome to the Community!

If you need to update a feature branch from master what you will want to do the following in Git Bash:

1) Perform a git checkout of the feature branch in question.

2) Perform a git pull to make sure you have the latest changes locally.

3) Perform a git merge of master (this will bring all the differences in master to your feature branch).

4) Resolve any merge conflicts (if any exist).

5) Perform a git commit of the changes to your local version of the branch.

6) Perform a git push of the changes you just merged to the remote/origin copy of your feature branch.

I hope that helps!

-James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events