Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull Request URL Linked to Old On Prem JIRA Server after Syncing to JIRA Cloud

Herb Salgado July 21, 2022

Hello,

We just synced JIRA Cloud to Bitbucket and the Pull Request URL's are still linked to the Old On Prem JIRA Server vs the Cloud issues.  Our migration from JIRA on prem to cloud was successful. 

How do I update the urls in Bitbucket to reflect the .atlassian.net issues vs on prem?

Confirmed in Atlassian Integrations that the correct Jira Site is synced .atlassian.net

Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2022

Hey @Herb Salgado 

G'day!

I believe you still have the old integration in your Bitbucket Workspace; hence it's still linked with your old Jira server. 

Can you navigate to the Workspace settingsInstalled Apps?

Search for Jira and click the ">" button to locate your old Jira URL, as an example screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-07-25 at 1.39.17 PM.png

If the URL shows your Jira OnPrem URL, you can click Remove to remove the integration, which should unlink your old Jira server. Once removed, it should re-link the Jira Issue key with your Jira cloud.

Let me know how it goes.

Syahrul

Herb Salgado July 26, 2022

Hello Syahrul,

Thank you for the response.

The URL shows the atlassian.net address not the OnPrem address.   Should I remove it anyway and reattach it and see if that works ?

Herb

(If I click on the eMLR-1973 link it brings up the OnPrem URL )

URL_OnPrem.png

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Herb Salgado 

Thanks for the update.

I believe we need to investigate the issue further, and I have proceeded to raise a support ticket on your behalf. Please get back to me on the support portal. here 

Cheers,
Syahrul

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2022

Hi everyone,

As suggested by @Herb Salgado I'll share how the issue was resolved.

Currently, Bitbucket cloud establishes a link in the commit or PR by following the Links configured in the repository settings.

In this case, the repository that is affected still has its Jira server URL as a primary link so when Jira wanted to establish the link it uses the Jira server as the Primary link instead the newly added Jira cloud integration.

To fix this we'll need to remove the old Jira server link by deleting it at Repository settings > Links

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 12.58.40 PM.png

Once the old Jira server link is remove it will automatically make the Jira cloud link as the primary link.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Herb Salgado August 2, 2022

Thank you Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events