Pull Request Statuses Out Of Sync

Karl Sather March 29, 2018

On a couple of occasions, we find that the status of the Pull Request listed under the Development section of the Issue screen it not the same as the status when you click the Pull Request link.  For example, under Development, the Status is Open but if I look at the Pull Request it is Merged.  

On a related note, for that same ticket, the Development section shows 1 branch but if I click on that branch it says "You don't have access to view all related branches.  Please contact your administrator."

We have the Server version of JIRA and Bitbucket.  What I describe above has only happened a couple of times out of 300 pull requests.

Thank you!

Karlimage.png

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2018

Hi Karl! Which version of both Jira and Bitbucket Server do you have? Have you tried removing and recreating the app link to see if the behavior changes? 

Please let us know as otherwise we'll need to open a Support ticket for you to have a look at your logs.

Best regards!

Ana

Karl Sather March 30, 2018

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, after your suggestion, we tried removing and recreating app links but that did not resolve the problem.

JIRA
Version 7.8.0
Build 78000

Bitbucket
Build Version 5.9.0
Build Number 5009000

Karl

Michael Walker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hi Karl,

While I can't say what is causing the behavior you are encountering without reviewing your logs and doing quite a bit of digging, one thing you can test and use as a temporary workaround would be to locate the row within Jira's Database where the status information is stored, and delete it causing Jira to trigger a new sync sometime in the next 30 minutes or so. This should then pull in the updated data and be reflected in your Dev Panel in Jira.

SELECT * FROM entity_property WHERE json_value LIKE '%<Jira-Issue-Key>%';
DELETE FROM entity_property WHERE id = '<ID>';

Example:

SELECT * FROM entity_property WHERE json_value LIKE '%ABC-123%';
DELETE FROM entity_property WHERE id = '10101';

If you would like assistance narrowing down the actual cause of this issue, it would be best to proceed with a ticket to support as the information required would be confidential. If this is the case, just let me know and I will be happy to create a ticket on your behalf.

Regards,

Michael

Karl Sather April 10, 2018

Hi Michael,

I tried your suggestion but it did not correct the problem.  I also re-indexed JIRA.

I will create a support ticket next.

Thank you!

Karl

David December 11, 2020

Hello,

Sorry for digging up an old question but we are seeing the exact same problem on a PR on our side.

Status in Jira show as "OPEN" although actual status is "MERGED". We also see the same message when clicking on the branch in Jira: "You don't have access to view all related branches. Please contact your administrator.".

Was this resolved?

Karl Sather December 15, 2020

Hi - I don't know if this was officially resolved but we have not observed this behavior since my original post.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events