Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull Request: Commits by Commits review in bitbucket cloud?

Raphael Ansermet August 31, 2022

Hi 
I used to work with Bitbucket server and use to review pull request commit by commit
using the Change Scope selector, described in 
Reviewing a pull request | Bitbucket Data Center and Server 8.3 | Atlassian Documentation

When a comment was added in a commit it was then seen in the pull request as
userXYZ  added comment on commit <hash> 
"please remove this magic number"

I'm working now with Bitbucket cloud and based on the following
Review code in a pull request | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support
Bitbucket Cloud’s new code review experience is now available - Bitbucket
I can't figure out if it's still possible or not anymore to properly review a pull request commit by commit?
When I open commits one by one and add comments, the comments aren't visible in the Pull request itself.    

=> Does anybody have a smart and efficient way to review commit by commit while still having the comment automatically replicated in the pull request.   

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2022

Hello @Raphael Ansermet ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to execute interactive pull request reviews (commit by commit) in Bitbucket Cloud as in Bitbucket Server/Datacenter, and the Pull Request page view will show the consolidated diff for all the commits currently in that Pull Request.

We do have a feature request to implement interactive reviews in Bitbucket Cloud though, which you can find in the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Raphael Ansermet .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Raphael Ansermet September 1, 2022

Hi @Patrik S 
thank you very much for your prompt answer.
Kind regards

Raphael

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events