• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project permissions in BitBucket cloud?

Is it possible to setup Project permissions in BitBucket Cloud?  I have several people on my team who need access to all repositories under Projects A, B, and C, but should not have access to repos under Projects D, E, and F.  I know I can set permissions on a per repository basis but given the number of repositories I'd rather not do it there.  Another thought I had was to create multiple-teams but I'd rather not pay for a team per project.  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Mar 30, 2018

Hi Benjamin! In Bitbucket Cloud there are no project permissions, you'll need to grant permissions based on repositories, for more info about this you can check Create and grant access to Team repositories.  

There's already a Feature request to implement this functionality, you can vote for it at site/master/issues/13202.

Hope that helps!

Ana

I voted for it, thanks!

That's a significant regression. 

Like # people like this

Jesus, I just move from Self hosted to Cloud and indeed this is really a regression. Not OK.

Like # people like this

It's unimaginable that we have to create permission groups and then add new repositories to permission groups when they are created.  This is an enormous oversight.  

Like # people like this

This is a gross oversight.  I want teams to be able to create their own repos, but now I have to give them admin of the entire space to do so, versus just doing them in their own project.  BAD!

Like # people like this
Like Radovan Djogo likes this

nutty that its 2020 and this is still a thing...

Like Remo Siegwart likes this

We are still at the stage where we cannot set permissions on projects?

Any timeframe for this, it's enormous time needed to move from server to cloud with this not being available

Please add project level permissions

Like # people like this

I get the impression that atlassian is not actively developing new features for Bitbucket or they don't invest enough into it. There are so many topics open for years, its a shame. I am considering moving my team away from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

441 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you