Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Creating & Updating Workspace and Repository Runners

Gajesh Bhat June 12, 2024

Hello Atlassian Community,

I am looking to automate the management of workspace and repository runners in Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Pipelines. Specifically, I want to create and update these runners programmatically, ideally using an API or a similar method. This would allow me to manage runner configurations dynamically as part of our CI/CD processes.

Could anyone provide guidance or examples on how to achieve the following using Bitbucket's API or any other method:

1. Programmatically create a new runner for a workspace or a specific repository.
  2. How to know when a new Runner is released and obtain it's version so that I can setup a Cron job to automatically download and apply the updates. The Current Bitbucket Cloud API seems to not support this feature out of the box.
  3. Optionally, if there are best practices for managing runners in a dynamic and scalable way, I'd be keen to learn about those too.

I saw an open ticket and some discussions about workarounds. Does Atlassian have any recommended methods to set this up ?  BCLOUD-22032 : Runner Update Options 

Any help or pointers towards relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Gajesh

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders