Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Bitbucket/Oracle integration

Carlos David July 30, 2019

I am currently trying to install Bitbucket using the setup wizard, to use an external oracle database. I have created an appropriate Oracle (12c) user according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-oracle-776640379.html

however upon testing the connection/schema I get the following error:

0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 "POST /setup HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.db.DefaultDatabaseManager An unexpected exception prevented validating the target database
com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.liquibase.LiquibaseDataAccessException: Failed to obtain snapshot. Database type: oracle; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I have the same issues as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/which-DB-objects-in-oracle-exadata-needs-user-s-admin-rights/qaq-p/596424 (no solution).

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2019

Check a couple things.  ORA-00942 indicates one of two problems: either the table in question isn't there or the user does not have permission to access it.

I would verify that the permissions are still what is described in the Atlassian doc you reference. In my experience, Oracle DBAs tend to be smarter than the rest of us and have the tendency to remove permissions that they feel are "unnecessary" after the application has been installed.  If this is the case, you will need to discuss it with the Oracle DBA and convince them that all of the permissions really are required.

The other option I can think of is table namespace collisions.  If you are running any other Atlassian tool's database on the same physical Oracle server, Bitbucket may see the cwd_* tables (despite the fact that the user it connects to the database with shouldn't be able to see them) and not create the table, thinking that it already exists. There should be log errors indicating that there were errors when you installed Bitbucket, if this is the case.  A subsequent startup may appear healthy when it is not.  Your DBA should be able to isolate the instances so that the Bitbucket DB user cannot see table names in any other instance. You'll need to do this if you are running other Atlassian tools on the same database server.

Hopefully that will help you figure out what's happening.

Carlos David July 31, 2019

in the end I simply granted DBA to the Oracle user which unblocked the setup wizard/external connection configuration & then revoked DBA immediately after.

Thanks for your help 

Carlos David October 5, 2020

solution: Bitbucket user needed a grant to select on ALL_USERS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events