Problem with loading pull request

Ana Arakelyan October 14, 2021

Hello. I have an issue with loading my pull request. Please see the screen

bit.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Ana Arakelyan,

There are different possible causes for this error. One possibility is that the diff of the PR is above our limits and the request is timing out. We have the following limits on diffs (listed in this documentation):

• A file's diff cannot exceed 2000 changed lines or 102,400 bytes (100 KB) of raw diff data.
  • The entire diff cannot exceed 8000 changed lines.
  • The maximum number of files in a single diff is limited to 200.

Can you check locally if the diff of the PR exceeds any of these limits?

If you can provide me the info below, I can also look in our system for more details regarding this error:
- Open Developer tools in the browser you are using (this option is available for Chrome and Firefox)
- Load the Pull Request page that gives this error
- In the Network tab in Developer tools, find the request with a status of 5xx and select it
- In the Headers tab, there should be a field named sentry-id

Please let me know what the value of that field is, and I can look it up in our system for more details.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ana Arakelyan October 21, 2021

Hello,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the 5xx state.

I am sending you the whole screen with Network tab.

Kind regards,

Ana

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please
- check the Disable cache option in the Network tab
- do a hard refresh on this PR page while Developer Tools is open, with the above option checked
and then check the requests in the Network tab again?

Just a heads up, I removed the screenshot from your post for privacy reasons, as it included the workspace-id and repo-name for your repository.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ana Arakelyan October 22, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for help.

There are two request with  5** state:

1)   x-sentry-id: 0ee31d56027942c7ad641d44e3ec6acf

2)  x-sentry-id:  6a99ee2662f74201a57235ad6d8a208e

Kind regards,

Ana

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2021

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your reply. I checked these error codes in our system and they are both associated with a Request Timeout Error.

This indicates that most likely the PR's diff is above the limits we have for viewing diff on our website:

Could you please inspect the diff locally to confirm if any of the above limits are exceeded:

A file's diff cannot exceed 2000 changed lines or 102,400 bytes (100 KB) of raw diff data.
The entire diff cannot exceed 8000 changed lines.
The maximum number of files in a single diff is limited to 200.

One thing you can try is to exclude some files from the PR diff (this can be done by an admin of the repo, from Repository settings > Excluded files). If there are certain large files as part of the PR, you can try excluding them and check if you can view the rest of the diff.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ana Arakelyan October 25, 2021

Hello Theodora,

Thank you for help.

Kind regards,

Ana

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2021

You are welcome Ana, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events