Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bitbucket startup

Aleksandr January 20, 2018

Hello all,

I am using bitbucket 5.5 on win 7 64 bit. It was working fine for a long time but now it doesn't starting up.

The message is showing "Migrating home directory" in the browser window for a long time.

After 15 min the message "SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started" is displayed. 

I have looked through the articles but they are related to *nix systems.

Could anyone give advice what to check for windows systems?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandr January 26, 2018

I have noticed that some other parts of the windows are crashed.

It happened after "critical update was installed" message.

Maybe bitbucket crashed after that.

I decided to reinstall the whole system and disable updates.

Fuck microsoft with their "everyday" updates.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

The advice you find here and in "articles" is mostly operating system agnostic.  While most of the world is running on Unix like systems, the advice translates easily into other OS's:

The main thing you should see for all of them is: Read the logs for the application, those should tell you what it is doing and why you are getting a migration message.  I suspect you will find they have some form of "can't open file" error in them, which is usually caused by the ownership or permissions on the files and directories.  (Make sure they are owned by the user running bitbucket, or at least that user should have full RWED permissions on them, and no virus scanners are getting in the way)

Thanks for reply,

I have checked the logs.

There are two dir's in repository directory. log and logs. A bit confusing.

The log directory has access.log mail.log and profiler.log they are empty.

bitbucket.log contains some logs. Is this file should contain error?

logs contain three files stdderr.log stdout.log and daemon.log but they do not contain any errors.

bitbucket.log contains some messages related to spring startup

2018-01-20 05:57:03,438 WARN [spring-startup] o.s.w.c.s.XmlWebApplicationContext Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdAliasDao': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setSessionFactory' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sharedHomeLockAcquirer' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'licenseHelper' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'licenseHelper' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Atlassian1/Bitbucket/5.5.0/app/WEB-INF/lib/bitbucket-service-impl-5.5.0.jar!/com/atlassian/stash/internal/license/DefaultLicenseHelper.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 2; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bootstrapLiquibase' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.LockException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL SELECT LOCKED FROM public.databasechangeloglock WHERE ID=1: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
2018-01-20 05:57:03,449 INFO [spring-startup] c.a.s.internal.home.HomeLockAcquirer Releasing lock on D:\bitbucket_repo1
2018-01-20 05:57:03,451 ERROR [spring-startup] c.a.j.s.w.s.JohnsonDispatcherServlet SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdAliasDao': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setSessionFactory' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sharedHomeLockAcquirer' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'licenseHelper' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'licenseHelper' defined in URL

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

Those errors are consistent with Bitbucket not being able to read/write/execute/delete files in its installation and home directories, although it might also be a failure to reach the database. 

Check the file and directory permissions, as I suggested before.

i have checked that.

The bitbucket service is starting using non admin user credentials. This special user is atlbitbucket. I have checked that this name is specified in the Log On tab of the service properties. And password is correct.

Then i have checked that this user has Full Control for Atlassian setup directory and for the home directory. 

The service is still hanging on the Migrating home directory message.

Aleksandr January 26, 2018

Thanks for help Nic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events