Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSh

Dag gruneau June 11, 2014

Typical scenario, second time works:

zork:[develop]:fortinet-fortios$ git push origin :rt15269

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

zork:[develop]:fortinet-fortios$ git push origin :rt15269

To git@bitbucket.org:tail-f/fortinet-fortios.git

- [deleted] rt15269

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

Can everyone watching or adding comments to this issue please come to https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/6331/ssh_exchange_identification-connectionand add any extra information? I've made some comments on that ticket for information we need to help reproduce this.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2014

We've managed to reproduce it. Watch that issue for more information.

2 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2014

We've found the cause for this and fixed the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience and do let us know if you continue to see any problems.

Dag gruneau June 23, 2014
Hi, Thanks for solving this. How do I close this issue?
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

Select Erik's answer as accepted (click the check below the votes).

Monica Sanchez February 11, 2020

How did you fix it? I cannot see a solution.

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi Dag,

The error message "ssh_exchange_identification" is normally related to SSH configuration/connection problem.

A good way to receive more details of this trouble will be through the git command using the verbose mode, as the example below:

It's possible to get the same error message when the machine have more than one network configured to the internet and there are some trouble on only one network, then the error will be intermittent.

If it's your case I would suggest you to try connecting using only one network.

Could you please try the git using the verbose mode and share the results?

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Dag gruneau June 12, 2014
Hi, I checked with networking here and we only leave our internal network through one port.
The same firewall NATs all the traffic. The statistics for this error can be seen below.
Does this correlate to anything at your site? Today we have only had one error so far.
'Jun  6': 8
'Jun  7': 13
'Jun  8': 14
'Jun  9': 17
'Jun 10': 22
'Jun 11': 18
'Jun 12': 11
'Jun 13': 1

Cheers

/Dag

HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2014

Drag,

To do a better troubleshooting on it I would ask you to try to use the git command with the verbose mode, it returns interessing verbose level of the errors.

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events