cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Elasticsearch

Karl_Farrugia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2019

Hi 

I have updated bitbucket but 

I cannot make elastic search work 

It seems that it does not start 

root@jira:/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/6.4.0/elasticsearch/bin# su jira ./elasticsearch
./elasticsearch-env: line 78: cd: /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/6.4.0/elasticsearch/config: No such file or directory
Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/6.4.0/elasticsearch/bin/jvm.options
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:361)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:407)
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:384)
at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:152)
at org.elasticsearch.tools.launchers.JvmOptionsParser.main(JvmOptionsParser.java:60)

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2019

Hello Karl and welcome to the Community!

To ensure we’re discussing the same issue after you upgrade Bitbucket to 6.4 your embedded elasticsearch is no longer functions properly. With this said, when you attempt to test elasticsearch within the Bitbucket UI, is anything displayed?

Additionally, could you check the Bitbucket logs to see which errors may be displayed during this issue, an option for this would be to use the support tools to scan the logs for you.

• For Bitbucket go to cog icon> Administration > Troubleshooting and support tools (underSupport)

Source document: Support Tools Plugin

We look forward to hearing back to help find the cause of your issues with elasticsearch.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Karl_Farrugia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2019

Hi Stephen 

To ensure we’re discussing the same issue after you upgrade Bitbucket to 6.4 your embedded elasticsearch is no longer functions properly. With this said, when you attempt to test elasticsearch within the Bitbucket UI, is anything displayed?

When i search i have this error from the UI

The server couldn't process your request, please try again later.

Elasticsearch

base-urlhttp://localhost:7992/

usernamebitbucket

hasPassword true 

connection-resultCONNECTION_ERROR

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2019

Hello Karl,

Thanks for confirming the error you’re seeing. There could be a few items which are causing the issue with elasticsearch. If you’re not already ran through the troubleshooting guide (which has multiple steps to review), we would suggest you do so to help isolate the issue. You may find this guide at Troubleshooting steps for Bitbucket Server Code Search.

If at any point you run into an error or issue please reach out and let us know, this will help provide guidance as to where the breakdown is.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events