Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Bitbucket pipelines

Ingrid Hyltander May 11, 2018

Hi,

I'm having a a really silly and frustrating issue. I'm currently working at a start-up and I'm trying to get started with Bitbucket pipelines for the PHP-based web portal of the company. 

However, I can't seem to commit a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file for this repo(I have admin access). No matter what language, image or script I try, I always get the same, non-informative, error message "Something went wrong". Since I'm new to this and just playing around, the files are very basic, e.g:

Screen_Shot_yml.png

When I try to commit the same bitbucket-pipelines.yml files I have tried to other repos it works just fine, so I assume there is something with the repo that causing the problem. The size of the repo is 5.4 MB and Git Large File Storage: 0 bytes of space used. (1.0 GB remaining) so at least I know that's not an issue.

I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

7 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
tri.nm May 15, 2018

@Ingrid Hyltander

I found a way to get through the problem.

In my case, I do not have the push permission to the master branch.

I guess the "Commit file" button of Bitbucket GUI will commit the file to the "master" branch by default.

So I manually commited the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file to the root of other branch where i have write permission --> it worked.

Hope it helps.

Ingrid Hyltander May 16, 2018

Ah I see! It worked for me as well, thank you very much!

5 votes
Nathaniel Rink September 5, 2018

Oh yeah, that's annoying. Nobody had the right to push changes directly to master without a PR and that simple issue with the non descriptive error could have taken forever to fix without this question

3 votes
Azzuwan March 23, 2019

This problem is very "un-Atlassian". This sort of error handling is an outcast and doesn't belong in the high quality experience of BitBucket which I vouch for.  Fix it!

2 votes
Sandesha J August 19, 2018

But I have permission to the master branch, but still getting the same error

1 vote
cakoster March 21, 2019

Come on, this error message is terrible.

0 votes
Tiago Menegaz October 18, 2018

Terrible work around but it works. I'd like to see a decent solution to this issue.

0 votes
tri.nm May 15, 2018

Me also. We do know that "Something went wrong", but what was that thing? 

Really sill and frustrating !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events