Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem viewing file in repo (filenames start with "ad")

Árni Steinunnarson January 17, 2023

Several files in our repository have been since yesterday unviewable in the web browser. There's just a spinning circle instead of the file contents and then it finally seems to time out and shows a generic error message. The repository is private so I can't link the error pages.

Of course we could get at the content we needed using git log and git show but these were not the optimal tools for the task. I tried to find where I can submit a bug report to Atlassian but apparently that sort of service is only available for paying customers.

I don't think the community can actually help, this seems to be an intermittent thing and doesn't affect all filenames starting with "ad". admin.py files will show up fine but ad.html and ad-overlay.html will not. I'm just posting this here because I have no other recourse.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hey Árni,

Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud community! :)

The reason you are likely experiencing this is due to an ad-blocker or some other plugin that you have enabled in your browser. Given that it is reading the word "ad" it may be suppressing the content as a result. I have troubleshooted very similar cases in the past and this was the root cause.

Please try viewing the files in either a different browser, or the same browser with add-ons disabled (or Incognito Mode in Chrome), make sure to clear your cache first as well.

If it ends up being the ad-blocker, I would suggest making exceptions for https://bitbucket.org

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Árni Steinunnarson January 19, 2023

I can confirm that turning off ublock origin cleared up the issue. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events