Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Error waiting for service to become stable: Waiter ServicesStable failed: Max attempts exc

Ruben Baeza Colin May 31, 2022

Hi

I have this problem in the last step of pipeline (atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.6.1):

✖ Error waiting for service to become stable: Waiter ServicesStable failed: Max attempts exceeded
And in the aws ecs events I see this:
service any-service was unable to place a task. Reason: You've reached the limit on the number of tasks you can run concurrently.
Can you help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Hello @Ruben Baeza Colin ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

From the error you are receiving in aws ecs event, you're likely exceeding the AWS ECS service quotas of your account : 

Since you are exceeding the limits, AWS is not being able to complete your deployment. I did some research and found this StackOverflow thread that suggests temporarily launching a basic EC2 instance in the region your are using, as it will enable you to run multiple tasks : 

If using that workaround does not fix the issue, I would suggest you to contact AWS support, as this is a limitation on AWS side not in the Bitbucket pipelines itself. AWS team will be able to further check your AWS account and potentially increase the limits.

Hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Ruben Baeza Colin 

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events