Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private and share workspaces

shamil707 April 29, 2024

Difference between the private and share workspaces. 

How to know current one is private or shared. 

how to migrate the private to shared one?

1 answer

1 vote
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

Private (personal) workspaces are deprecated and are no longer able to be created when you sign up for a new workspace, team (shared) workspaces are now the only type of workspace that may be created. More information regarding the difference between these two workspace types may be found in our documentation below:

Users do not directly login to a shared workspace as there is no unique email address associated with shared workspaces, however, a team workspace allows multiple administrators with full control. If the data resides against a workspace that matches your username, this is usually a clear indicator that it is a personal workspace.

I have checked your access and can see that there are no repositories associated with the personal workspace that is associated with the email address you have used to raise this community ticket, therefore you do not need to do any personal > team repository migration. If you ever need to in future, we have a guide for this below:

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the clarification.
I have below doubts.. 

Is Shared and teams are same.?

i can login to the account and i can create workspace. is it team workspace by default? 

when i invite or give access to dev (project and repo), is it i am giving access or inviting him the workspace which is associated with project or repo..

Sorry if it is stupid doubt is it possible to have repo or project without a workspace?

shamil707 May 1, 2024

if i delete my work space is that all the repo or porject associated with it will be deleted and what is the meaning of "Keep this workspace private" 

PFA screenshot 

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

There are no stupid doubts or questions! :)

A team workspace is also commonly referred to as a shared workspace, so they are the same thing. 

When creating a new workspace - this will always be a team workspace, you can no longer create a personal workspace.

Workspaces consist of users, these users will have access to different projects/repositories. So when you invite someone to a workspace - they become a user of that workspace and will have access to whatever project/repository that you have invited them to.

You cannot have projects/repositories without a workspace, deleting a workspace will delete all data that is associated with that workspace, this cannot be recovered and is a permanent action.

The privacy tickbox you have mentioned refers to the privacy of the workspace. "Keep this workspace private" simply means that only users who have been invited to the workspace will be able to access that workspace - anyone who is not a user will get a 404 Error message in their browser and will not be able to see anything at all that is related to that workspace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Like shamil707 likes this
shamil707 May 1, 2024

Thanks for the prompt reply.. Last question .. how to make this workspace as safe, so that no will be deleted by mistake.

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Possible to have a call with u..

i need to migrate this as a premium one.. 
need a small walkthrough on this

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2024

Hey @shamil707 

No problem, I'm happy to help! 

Only workspace administrators are able to delete a workspace, checking your workspace shows me that you are the only workspace administrator - so rest assured, only you would have the ability to perform such an action.

Additionally - to mitigate the chance of accidental workspace deletion - there is a warning prompt that displays prior which makes it very clear that the action is permanent.

For added peace of mind, I would recommend enabling two-step verification against your account just in case your account is compromised - this will add an additional layer of security to prevent any unwanted actions:

If you wish to upgrade your account to Premium, you can perform this easily from the Bitbucket UI - there are steps that can be followed in our documentation:

• Click your avatar in the top-right hand corner and select All Workspaces to view a complete list of the workspaces that you have access to
  • Click on the workspace from this list that you wish to upgrade
  • Select the Settings cog on the top navigation bar.

• Select Workspace settings from the Settings dropdown menu.

• Select Plan details under Plans and Billing on the left sidebar.

• Click Upgrade plan or Change plan.

• On the Bitbucket Cloud plans page, click the Premium button.

• On the Enter your billing details screen enter the required information.

• Click Purchase.

If you wish to know how much the Premium plan will cost - we have a pricing calculator that you may find below:

If you still need additional support for upgrading your plan - you can reach out directly to our billing team:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2024

I've just updated my previous reply as I noticed you had additional questions, please refresh your page to see the updated reply :) 

Like shamil707 likes this
shamil707 May 1, 2024

Hi Ben,

When i am trying to update 2 below things,

1) 3$ becomes 15$ and 6$ becomes what is the meaning of that?
2) it is asking fro credit card. is it okay?

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Hi Ben,

When i am trying to update 2 below things,

1) 3$ becomes 15$ and 6$ becomes what is the meaning of that?
2) it is asking fro credit card. is it okay?
Please let me know

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

Those prices indicate how much each plan costs per user, for the Standard plan this is $3 per user and for the Premium plan this is $6 per user.

I can see that your workspace has 5 users - this means the Standard plan would cost $15 USD/month total and the Premium plan would cost $30 USD/month total.

The difference in features between those two plans are highlighted in the comparison table in the screenshot you've shared above.

Our payment gateway is safe and secure, a credit card is required to proceed with signing up for a paid plan so you will need to enter one to proceed.

Cheers!

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Oh this is as per user?  any promotion please?

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Hi Ben,

Rightnow 5 person it is free.

Ideally per person $3 or $6 should have taken from 6th person onwards right> ? :)

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

I have raised a ticket on your behalf with our customer advocacy (billing) team to discuss this further. You should see an email in your inbox shortly.

They will be able to answer any further billing queries you may have and provide quotations accordingly :)

Cheers!

shamil707 May 1, 2024

Thanks ben.

This

Git LFS (Large File Storage) 5 GB / 10 GB.

is it for one big size file which we can upload or Entire maximum repo size..

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

This is the total LFS size limit per repository (Git Large File Storage). This is different from the repository size limit which is 4GB. The repository is where you would store your codebase, whereas LFS is where you would store large binary files. It is not recommended to store large binary files in your base repository as this will cause performance issues - so LFS is recommended for any large binary files.

You may find more information regarding LFS below:

Cheers!

shamil707 May 2, 2024

Thanks a ton.. 
repository size limit which is 4GB => Whats is the repository size limit for Standard and premium?

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2024

Hi @shamil707 

The GIT repository size limit is 4GB across all plans, the GIT LFS limit, however, is different between plans.

A full list of feature comparisons can be found below:

Cheers!

shamil707 May 2, 2024

Hi Ben,

i am sorry.. I am not able to see any where regarding the size limit. 
Please advise me .

shamil707 May 2, 2024

@Ben Please advise me

Ben
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2024

@shamil707 

Here is the documentation specifically concerning size limit:

The size limit is 4GB per repository, so you could have multiple repositories that are 4GB in size.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events