Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Projects hidden

Drew Bombard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

We are an agency with many different clients.  Each client has their own 'Project' within Bitbucket and within that project are multiple repos.  Each Project and each repo are always set to Private.  Access is given for our own internal developers on a per-project and per-repo basis.

Sometimes however, our clients need access to their own code that we are hosting for them through our BB account.  Recently, granted access for this client into his own project and set of repos.  And ONLY his repos.

He responded back saying that he could see all our projects (aka clients).  The good news is that he was not able to view any of the repos in any of these projects -- those are all completely hidden and inaccessible. 

The problem is him being able to see who else we work with.  I would have expected a Private Project to maintain the same visible/hidden nature much the same way that repos do.

I tried creating a specific group to assign only him, and still nadda. 

Would a better option be to create a workspace for Client X, instead of a project?  This creates other logistical problems though.  There are webhooks tied to projects and moving them from one workspace to another would break that linkage.  Also... it's not often that we have clients asking for access, so they are (by default) setup within our Project/Client process.  

Anyway... thoughts?  Is it even possible to make a Project truly private and invisible?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2024

G'day, @Drew Bombard 

Welcome to the community!

Can you check if the user was added to a group that has the following options enabled:

• Can create projects in this workspace
  • Can create repositories in this workspace

If yes, could you untick or turn off the permission and let me know if that hides the project from the user?

Regards,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events