cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post SSO account access

Avinash Shenoy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2023

Hello,

My organisation is an existing Bitbucket and Jira customer. We now plan to SSO enable Atlassian access for our employees. I am unsure what happens to a users' pre SSO account and privileges when the same user logs in with SSO credentials.

Will the user still be able to see their old repositories (I think not) ? If not, is there a way to map the pre SSO users' permissions to the new SSO user ?

Thanks.

-Avinash

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hello @Avinash Shenoy ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When you enable the Atlassian Access SSO for your organization's managed accounts, you are just changing the way the users authenticate with the Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence,Bitbucket, etc).

So when the users try to log in on Atlassian Products, instead of using the username and password, they will be redirected to your Identity Provider to complete the authentication.

All the user's permissions and groups they are part of on Atlassian products will continue the same. Bringing it to Bitbucket, the users will still be able to have access to the same repositories they had before SSO was enabled.

For further details on how to enable SSO for your Atlassian Organization, you can refer to Configure SAML single sign-on with an identity provider.

Thank you, @Avinash Shenoy !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events