Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-PR merge hook

Josh Baird January 6, 2014

My repositories use custom hooks in post-recieve.d/ that essentially SSH to a production machine and executes 'git fetch' against the Stash git repo. I have a need to trigger this same script after a PR has been merged.

How can I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Hi Josh,

Git itself doesn't have any hooks that will be able to help here (just FYI there is a merge hook in Git, but the way Stash does the PR merges it will never fire).

One way to handle this would be to write a Java plugin that listens for a PR merge and invokes your custom script directly. This would be relatively easy but does require some knowledge of Java.

Personally, if it were me, I would actually use webhooks to notify a simple listener hook on your production machine and do the fetch that way. Either that or just set up a cron job to fetch every X seconds/minutes.

Does that help?

Charles

Josh Baird January 7, 2014

Use webhooks to notify a simple listening? Can you please explain that a bit more?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Josh,

Sorry bad English. Have fixed.

But basically you could run a very simple http server in whatever language you like, which listens for JSON that Stash would send and depending on whether the master branch has been modified (described in the payload) then you could do the fetch from there.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Josh Baird January 7, 2014

Atlassian? Anyone?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events