Possible solution for bitbucket pipeline docker-run limitation

Eric Santos do Nascimento November 14, 2017

My integration tests are highly dependent of a elastic search, given that to build my integration tests on bitbucket pipeline I would have to execute the docker-run command to be able to spin up my elastic-search instance during my integration tests.

But as probably some of you know, there's a limitation on the bitbucket pipeline

See the Docker command line reference for information on how to use these commands. Other commands, such as docker run, are currently forbidden for security reasons on our shared build infrastructure.

So given that I don't know how can I spin-up my escluster with all configurations that I need inside, painless scripts, mappings, ports exposed to be available for my integrations tests.

Does someone have any idea how could i achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alessandro Aglietti February 12, 2018

Actually the limitation is only on docker run --privileged and on volumes sources.

BTW is possible to use docker run with -p and -e and -v so you can setup you enviroment like docker-compose and then do testing :)

We actually use in that way to setup a complete nginx+php+node enviroment and test nginx upstream configuration with curl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events