Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating data on Stash test server

Andrew Morin September 8, 2013

I want my Stash test server to have the same or as close to the same data that production has when I run it through the upgrade process. I am on 2.0.3 and wanted to know if I dump and load the external database from prod to test db, and over write the STASH_HOME from prod to test excluding the stash-config.properties file will this work? The data migration wizard instructions doesn't have enough information on it to make feel comfortable using it to push from prod to test without potentially causing me a production issue...if anyone has a method they use for populating their test environment I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2013

Hi Andrew,

The approach you described will work, with one caveat. If any git writes (pushes, background tasks) are in progress on your production environment, the copy step may include partial writes and can result in an incoherent git repository. You can avoid this by shutting down Stash before taking the db dump and performing the copy, if that's an option for you.

From Stash 2.7 onwards you can use the Stash backup client to take a backup of your production environment and restore that on your test server.

Andrew Morin September 8, 2013

Thank You!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events