cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please support me to run dagger CI/CD.

백경준
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2023

I am a user using bitbucket. I was thinking about introducing dagger cicd. There was nothing about Bitbucket pipeline Integratin support in dagger cicd's official documentation (https://docs.dagger.io/cookbook#integrations). So, I requested (https://github.com/dagger/dagger/issues/5444) to add integration to the dagger project issue.

However, I received the following reply.

Hi @paikend, I'm sorry to inform, but after looking into the issue, we are currently unable to run dagger from bitbucket pipelines. Bitbucket has restricted the ability to run docker commands with the --privileged flag set to true (source), and currently dagger is configured to run Buildkit with privileged set to true: dagger/engine/server/buildkitcontroller.go. The request was made in this discussion as well.

Can dagger be supported to use Integration? thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2023

Hi @백경준 and welcome to the community!

For security reasons, we've had to restrict certain commands or options, including docker run --privileged. We cannot allow that because Docker would then allow access to all other builds running on the same machine. This applies to Pipelines builds running on Atlassian infrastructure. This page has a list of all restricted Docker commands.

However, these restrictions do not apply to self-hosted runners, so it may be possible to use a runner for the step where you use dagger:

Runners allow you to run Pipelines builds on your own infrastructure. You can see the build logs on the Pipelines page of the repo and you won’t be charged for the build minutes used by your self-hosted runners.

In case you use a Linux Docker runner, you will also need to use an external dind image instead of the default Atlassian docker service. You can see an example of such a configuration on the following page:

Apart from that, I don't know what else you need to configure to use Dagger. If you'd be interested in using a self-hosted runner, you can reply to the request you created with the Dagger team and let them know that docker run --privileged is not restricted in Pipelines using a self-hosted runner, and if they can provide guidance on how you could use Dagger with a self-hosted runner.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events