It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pipelines with node image: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/package.json'

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems when trying to set up pipelines with a node image (first try):

...   + npm install npm info it worked if it ends with ok npm info using npm@3.10.3 npm info using node@v6.7.0 [..................] / normalizeTree: sill install loadCurrentTree npm info lifecycle undefined~preinstall: undefined npm info linkStuff !invalid#1 npm info lifecycle undefined~install: undefined [ .] / install:build: info lifecycle undefined~install: undefin npm info lifecycle undefined~postinstall: undefined npm info lifecycle undefined~prepublish: undefined npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/package.json'

Any idea what could be the reason for missing /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/package.json?

Thanks!

Markus

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven Vaccarella Atlassian Team Oct 07, 2016

Do you have a file called "package.json" in the root directory of your repository? I'd recommend putting a couple of simple commands at the beginning of your pipeline script to see if your checkout looks correct, eg.

script:
        - pwd
        - ls -al

The output of "pwd" should be

/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build

And the "ls -al" command should include the file "package.json" in its output. 

ah, that is the working dir!

Figured it out now. Thanks a lot, Steven!

PS: pipelines is really a joy to use – once you overcome your own initial blindness smile

bpost roma I'm New Here Jan 04, 2019

can you share your .yml file?

Like # people like this
Glenn Hand I'm New Here May 30, 2019

I was able to get this working by creating a default package.json file first.  I added an npm init --yes before my npm install

My script read like this:

- npm init --yes

- ls -al #checking the package.json exists in current directory

- npm install

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

3,030 views 1 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you