Pipelines section is blank

nicolo-zanetti March 2, 2017

I tried with Opera and Chrome, both browsers are constantly updated.
I go into the repository, click the "Pipelines" section, but the "content panel" is blank.

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 18.51.48.png

I tried from a colleague's account, gave him admin settings, but from his account the "Pipelines" button is not even visible.

14 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Ryall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2017

Thanks for reporting this. We had an issue this morning where a faulty deployment broke the Pipelines UI.

This has now been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kevin Hale Boyes February 23, 2018

This doesn't appear to be fixed.

There are several reports in this thread since your post and it's now happening to me on one repository.

Is there anything we can do to get access to our pipeline page?

Matt Ryall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2018

As mentioned below, there is an issue where your clock being out of sync can cause Pipelines not to appear. I'm not 100% sure if that issue has been resolved, so please report back if that proves to be the problem.

If that isn't the problem, please raise a support ticket and one of our engineers can look into it for you.

Kevin Hale Boyes February 26, 2018

My clock is not out of sync as I have NTP enabled.

The problem was also happening for several other people in remote locations.

What we did find is if we removed (or renamed) the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file then it fixed the problem.  So here is the scenario:

1) Create a new repo and add a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that references an environment variable that hasn't been defined.

2) Go to the pipeline tab to find it doesn't load.

3) Rename or delete the pipeline file and push.

4) Now you can access the pipeline tab.

Matt Ryall
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2018

Thanks for the reply, @Kevin Hale Boyes. I tried these steps in a new repo and couldn't reproduce it here.

Environment variables (defined or undefined) in the YAML file should have no impact on whether or not Pipelines loads, so we'll need some more information to investigate this (e.g. browser console output, account+repo names). The existing YAML file could hit some unexpected edge cases, but it does seem to be working for me.

If you have some time to help us get to the bottom of it, it would really help if you could raise a brief support ticket mentioning this post, then we can identify your specific repo and browser, get the necessary diagnostics, and work out what exactly is going on. Thanks!

Motoki Wu April 12, 2018

This happened to me today. I fixed by renaming bitbucket-pipelines.yml to something else, commit, push, then renamed it back, commit, push.

2 votes
Daniel Stenson August 9, 2019

I experienced the same issue. For me it was due to my popup blocker. I don't full understand yet how the popup blocker was causing the issue but disabling it fixed the issue.

Mohammad Noman March 23, 2022

Thanks, Daniel. It's the same for me. I have been digging under the repository settings for like an hour.

Like Daniel Stenson likes this
Barry McMillan April 29, 2022

This fixed it for me too

Like Daniel Stenson likes this
1 vote
Abdul Rafay June 15, 2017

Not working for me, tried on Firefox 54.0 and Google Chrome.

nraza June 16, 2017

I figured my issue was due to out of sync clock on my machince. It could be one of the reasons for you too.

leilabadi September 22, 2017

Updating my machine's time, fixed my problem too.

0 votes
Chris Amow December 15, 2021

I still see this today on linux chrome 

Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Even in incognito mode.
I need to switch to firefox to use bitbucket pipelines...
0 votes
Nikolaj Dam Larsen October 13, 2020

Same issue. Pipelines doesn't show up when I'm logged in on my home PC, but works fine on my work laptop. Clock isn't out of sync. Adblocker is disabled.

Additionally, whenever I enter the deployment variables settings, I get a message saying "You need to enable Pipelines for this repository to add Deployments." but pipelines is enabled and working when looking at it from my work laptop - as well as when all my colleagues look at it. I'm logged in to the same account and managing the same repository. If I follow the "Go to settings"-link I'm met with another blank page similar to when I try to load the pipelines page. 

0 votes
davegee January 11, 2019

For me it was still happening on my account, but that's the first time today I tried to open pipelines.

I was using Brave with private navigation. I had to open it once with non-private to be able to access that

=> maybe don't use private navigation for this

0 votes
Jose Hervás September 30, 2018

Same happening to me. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and IE. Cleared cache, cookies and everything. Synchronized clock.

Apparently, the bug comes from file connect-host.js

1.PNG2.PNG

The contentPromise callback is expecting the returned data to be a JSON, however it is getting a HTML document indicating the addon Pipelines has failed:

3.PNG

I see this question as resolved, should I create a new one?

Renato Burton November 8, 2018

Comigo esta acontecendo a mesma coisa :-/

0 votes
Joacim Gunnarsson September 26, 2018

This still don't work.

0 votes
Robb Gosset September 12, 2017

I'm also getting this issue, Firefox 55.0.1 (64-bit) on Fedora 25

0 votes
nraza June 8, 2017

Same happening with me today. Tried on Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.

0 votes
Hans Roerdinkholder April 4, 2017

Not working for me yet, unfortunately. Google Chrome 57.0 (64 bit). Cleared browser cache and everything.

0 votes

Now it started working out of the blue. I guess it's just "unreliably working".

0 votes

If I go to this public page:
https://bitbucket.org/browserstack/bitbucket-pipelines/addon/pipelines/home#!/
I can see the pipeline section. The iframe loads after some seconds. However this does not happen on my account's repositories. 

0 votes
Mario Doskoc March 2, 2017

Same here, I've tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, everytime with the same result "blank page"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events