Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipelines caching with yarn workspace

Trang Công Thành
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2020

My repo current setup under yarn workspace. After I setup caching, everything works fine till repo has no new dependencies.

When I add new dependencies and create Pull Request with yarn.lock file, the Pipeline still download old cache instead of install new dependencies and create new cache.

Is it expected behavior?

If "yes", am I need to manually delete old caches before create Pull Request contains yarn.lock file?

If "no", how can I setup for pipelines force to install new dependencies and create new caches?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2020

Hello @Trang Công Thành ,

This is expected behaviour. The cache will expire automatically in 7 days after creation, the first build after that will repopulate it with new dependencies. So for an update it can take up to a week to be reflected in the cache.

See this documentation page, specifically:

When does a cache get cleared?

Any cache which is older than 1 week will be cleared automatically and repopulated during the next build. Additionally, caches can be cleared manually in the Bitbucket UI.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events