Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipelines are not triggering after I pushed the configuration file to my feature branch

Martin Myslík July 30, 2018

I created the configuration file for pipelines and put it to the root of my project as `bitbucket-pipelines.yml`. It looks pretty much like the gradle template from the pipelines setup page.

I expected the build to trigger immediately after I push the configuration in my feature branch but nothing happened. Do I first need to have the configuration pushed to master? If so, how do I test that the pipeline is working correctly? Because I would like to avoid committing broken code to master.

All I am seeing in the pipelines page is the welcome text with examples, although I have the configuration file in the root of my project. Please, note that the configuration file is only in my feature branch at the moment.

7 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hi Martin,

Can you attach a copy of your YAML here so we can double check the configuration?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Sure, I please find the file below:

image: openjdk:8

pipelines:
default:
- step:
caches:
- gradle
script:
- bash ./gradlew clean build

Cheers,

Martin

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hmmm...

Can you check if your webhooks are firing, and if they're returning any error messages.

They're located in your repository settings -> workflow -> webhooks

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 4.43.16 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-31 at 4.43.22 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-31 at 4.43.59 pm.png

Hi, 

I am seeing some Pipelines entries in my Webhooks:

pipelines.png

When I click on the logs, they are empty, though...

EDIT: it just loaded. It shows history of repository edit, pull request updates etc. But I added my script just yesterday and these records dates back weeks ago so I assume that these are different pipelines.

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2018

Can you verify Pipelines is enabled?

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 4.58.08 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-31 at 4.58.11 pm.pngThere's a bug we identified that related to onboarding. We'll start working on a fix, but lets try to get a workaround for you first. :)

Martin Myslík July 31, 2018

Yes, I checked that yesterday. Pipelines are enabled in the settings :)

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2018

Goodo. :)

At this stage I think you have two options:

1. Commit a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file to master (it can be a trivially simple one) to work around the bug we found. That should hopefully let you see your actual pipelines, rather than the onboarding screen.
  2. Wait a few days for us to get a fix out (it's after office hours now, so work on a fix won't start until tomorrow). I've brought the bug into our sprint, though. So we'll look at it ASAP.

Sorry you got hit by this.

6 votes
Stephen Brooks October 6, 2020

Seems like an old thread but pipelines where being triggered yesterday, but today they are not - therefore I can only assume that something has been changed by the BitBucket team. 

Is now always required to manually select to run the pipeline and select the branch, although our pipelines are designed to run on specific branches?

Or can we re-enable the trigger to run the relevant pipeline when merging code in develop/staging/master?

dhaiduc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2020

We are experiencing a very similar issue here, our pipeline used to trigger until yesterday when pushing on master, now we have to start it manually.

fractal-fantasy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2020

same here, if anyone figures out how to fix it that would be appreciated

0 votes
chit goks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 22, 2022

So what is the final status for this? Are pipelines run automatically? or not anymore? Because i am new to pipelines and i expected it to run after i committed to my repository.

If not, then the article should be fixed.

0 votes
geoffrey-ttro June 2, 2021

This is happening again today.

Also, when running a tags pipeline manually, the BITBUCKET_TAG variable is not available. That is a bug.

wojciech.zamorski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 2, 2021

Same here, no automatic triggers for some repos since 27th May. Other repos work fine. Checked bitbucket-pipelines.yml (valid) and pipelines are enabled in settings. In the webhooks of repos in question the history of requests to pipelines endpoint is empty. Would appreciate a fix, because we rely on the pipelines heavily :(

Kevin Begrow
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2021

That correct - we facing the same issue since a couple of days. There seems to be a bug still present. 

0 votes
feras_tanan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 24, 2018

Hi @Philip Hodder

I am also facing the problem that the pipelines are not triggered automatically after I push something to the master branch (which has a pipeline configured which used to be triggered automatically ) Any ideas/ suggestions? 

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
October 24, 2018

Is this problem still occurring for you? If so, can you add in your YAML configuration here?

Did you previously had working pipelines, or are you just setting up a new repository?

0 votes
strngr September 20, 2018

Hi!

Is there any updates on this issue? I faced the same behaviour.

However I can see pipelines in "Schedule" popup and can setup periodical builds. Just curious what would happen if I do that. But I still need to have builds on push.

Oh, it worked eventually. Builds appeared after ~30 mins.

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2018

Hi @strngr

You encountered an issue unrelated to this question. We were having performance problems when you saw the delays.

If it reoccurs, I suggest you look at our StatusPage, as it's likely unrelated to this question (it was opened in July). By the time we have a chance to respond to Community questions, the issue would hopefully be fixed. :) StatusPage will give you more up to date comms on what's going on.

https://status.bitbucket.org/

Thanks,

Phil

0 votes
Martin Myslík July 31, 2018

Alright, I will try to propagate it to master, but it probably won't be today, since we keep our master branch locked and only work with it during release so your fix might be coming sooner :)

I will test it on different repository in the meantine and keep this issue open until the fix is ready. Thanks for your cooperation!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events