Pipeline with ssh submodule failing git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey)

Andy Tomlin April 9, 2022

I have a private repo which is including an open source repo as a submodule. (I am owner of both)

The pipeline fails 

+ git submodule update --init --recursive
Submodule 'archdef' (git@bitbucket.org:andytomlin/archdef.git) registered for path 'archdef'
Cloning into '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/archdef'...
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '18.205.93.0' to the list of known hosts.
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
fatal: clone of 'git@bitbucket.org:andytomlin/archdef.git' into submodule path '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/archdef' failed
Failed to clone 'archdef'. Retry scheduled
Cloning into '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/archdef'...
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '18.205.93.1' to the list of known hosts.
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
fatal: clone of 'git@bitbucket.org:andytomlin/archdef.git' into submodule path '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/archdef' failed
Failed to clone 'archdef' a second time, aborting

Suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Tomlin April 9, 2022

Nevermind, figured out I needed to add an ssh key to the pipeline

Krzysztof/Chris May 12, 2022

Hi Andy. You added ssh public key of your open source repo and added it to Access keys in private one? I did it like that and still getting this error

Andy Tomlin May 14, 2022

No, other way round. I added pipelines key to my open source repo. ie my pipeline now has a key recognized by the open source repo. I found this link useful https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/variables-and-secrets/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events