Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline not triggered when pushing multiple tags

Yulong Ruan September 23, 2022

I have a monorepo setup that contains a set of projects. When start a new release, multiple projects will get released at one time.

That means we will do version bump and tagging for the projects at one time, then we have bbpl configured on the tags that run the release steps accordingly.

But we noticed that the pipeline configured on tags never gets triggered if multiple tags are pushed at one time(6 in my case). I have to manually push the tags in sequence to get the pipeline triggered.

Is there a bitbucket configuration to turn off this constraint?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Yulong Ruan,

This is by design. Accidentally triggering build pipelines can quickly use up your build minutes. To prevent this, we don’t run any pipelines for pushes that involve more than five tags or branches. See below the section "Push limits":

I'm afraid there is no way to turn this off at the moment. We have a feature request about the ability to opt out of this limit:

I would suggest voting (by selecting Vote for this issue) and commenting on it to give it more weight and further express your interest.

In the meantime, if you push up to 5 tags at a time pipelines builds should run.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events