Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pipeline minutes between manual steps on

Hello,

I am creating a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that runs on both individual branch commits and in some cases on pull request creation. Some of these have multiple steps where one or more steps has a manual trigger.

develop*: 
- step:
script:
- echo "this is a step that runs automatically"
- step:
trigger: manual
script:
- echo "this is a step that runs manually"

After the first step completes the pipeline just sits there until I manually trigger step two. Can someone confirm whether or not this time between actual steps running incurs pipeline minutes? I assume not but I would like confirmation of this and haven't been able to find it in any of the documentation I read. Thanks! 

(I'm not sure why the formatting of the code is like it is. Rest assured the yml I'm writing is correct and running as expected)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mkleint Atlassian Team Jul 22, 2020

minutes are only incured when a pipeline step is actually running. If you have parallel steps each gets counted separated, we only charge for the time your steps run in our kubernetes cluster.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,741 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you