Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline example for simple push

James Hayes August 2, 2022

I've tried asking this before, but re-reading my question it was more like an essay!! 

Would anyone be able to give me an example of how to build a pipeline that simply pushes to hosting on a on a branch commit? 

Ie when I merge my branch into staging, bitbucket pushes staging to SiteGround hosting for me.

Many thanks, J

1 answer

0 votes
Mateus T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2022

Hi James!

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Reading through your question, my understanding is that you would like Bitbucket to automatically push your changes into your SiteGround hosting services once your branches are deployed to staging. 

If that's the case, you can configure your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file to perform the push on staging deployments such as this:

pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Deploy to SiteGround
deployment: staging
script:
- echo "Deploying to SiteGround"
- git push ssh://user@host:port/path

Configurations made on the SiteGround side of things are a bit outside our support scope, but I found the following article which should help you perform this initial setup and add your private SSH key to your hosting service:

You can also reference our Pipelines documentation on how to add your SSH Public Key to your Pipelines configurations:

Let me know if this helps with your deployment setup!

Cheers,

Mateus T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events