Pipeline docker exec curl - (7) Failed to connect: Connection refused

Christine_Pinto January 19, 2018

Hi everyone,

after researching and trying out different things I still have two different errors so I hope someone of you can help me.

I try to execute a curl command inside a running Docker container in my bitbucket pipeline. I wanna check if the node server is running correctly and the login site has a get 200.

Parts of my bitbucket-pipelines.yml

options: docker: true
pipelines:
branches:
master:
-
step:
name: build app
caches: - node
script:
-
export IMAGE_NAME_APP=$DOCKER_USER/client:$BITBUCKET_COMMIT
# authenticate with the Docker Hub registry
-
docker login -u $DOCKER_USER -p $DOCKER_PASSWORD
# pull docker mongodb image and start it
-
docker pull $DOCKER_USER/mongodb:latest
-
docker pull $DOCKER_USER/client:latest
-
docker run -d -p 27017:27017 --name mongodb -i $DOCKER_USER/mongodb:latest
-
docker ps
-
docker run -d --env-file=docker.env -p 3001:3001 --name client --link mongodb:mongodb -i $DOCKER_USER/client:latest
-
docker ps

- docker exec -i client curl -I 0.0.0.0:3001/signin/ | head -n 1 | grep "HTTP/1.[01] [23].."

Both container running and now I wanted to check if the website is running inside the container with a curl statement but It's not working. I tried the same commands locally and it works. I also switched already between IP address like 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 --> both did not work in the pipeline but locally 

docker ps output:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-19 um 11.18.45.png

OutPut in my Pipeline:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-19 um 11.20.25.png

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--

0curl: (7) Failed to connect to 0.0.0.0 port 3001: Connection refused

try with curl command directly in the shell

I also tried to execute the curl command directly in the pipeline shell but then I also have an error, but a different one:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-19 um 11.19.29.pngcurl --head http://127.0.0.1:3001/signin/ | head -n 1 | grep "HTTP/1.[01] [23].." % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Maybe someone of you have an idea how to solve that issue. My bitbucket-pipelines.yml is sligthly changed for here and it's also pulling instead of building the image currently to speed up the feedback from the pipeline.

Thanks you all so much for reading this and helping me. Wish you all a great day :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christine_Pinto January 19, 2018

The solution for running the curl command directly in the container, exchange IP address against localhost :

docker exec -i client curl -I localhost:3001/signin/ | head -n 1 | grep "HTTP/1.[01] [23].."

works now :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events