Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline deploy commands stalling?

Isaac Englart February 21, 2017

Hi,

I've just started playing around with Bitbucket piplines and have come across an issue where my pipeline is stalling when trying to ssh or rsync.  The commands actually seem to be running (files are being copied), but are holding things up.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Tried with ssh command first, but that did the same thing.

Basically the test pipeline file I'm using:

image: atlassian/default-image:latest
pipelines:
  branches:
    master:
      - step:
          script:
             - mkdir -p ~/.ssh
             - cat bb_pipe_known_hosts >> ~/.ssh/known_hosts
             - (umask  077 ; echo $SSH_KEY | base64 --decode > ~/.ssh/id_rsa)
             - rsync -caz readme.html regergerg@gregerger.com:/home/gwegwergwer/public_html/test-site/

Just sits like this:

pipe.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Vaccarella
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2017

That "stdin: is not a tty" message looks suspicious to me. Is it possible rsync is trying to prompt for user input? Perhaps you could look into how to run rsync in non-interactive mode, eg: http://serverfault.com/questions/39571/forcing-rsync-to-non-interactive-mode

Isaac Englart March 6, 2017

Thanks, I've tried all those options and it's still stalling.

Steven Vaccarella
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2017

Does the stdin message go away with any of the options that you tried?

Isaac Englart March 6, 2017

No, it always appears. I have a feeling it's something to do with the server I'm connecting to.  It's a shared web host with basic SSH access.  I'm going to try connecting to a regular VPS I have and see if it does the same thing. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events