Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline builds fine, FTP commits in pipeline show no error, but remote files unchanged

charliefairbairn June 10, 2018

Baffled. My pipeline builds, I commit  a change, the change  is committed to source, both locally and in the cloud and shows no error in the pipeline log. But the file does not change on the remote server. It is an ftp connection to my remote file server. There are no errors anywhere, except the file on the remote ftp server does not change.

What is stranger is that I have a twin setup in the same account, different repo,  committing changes on another pipeline to a different directory on the remote server and a different directory on my local machine, with identical files and permissions, and that one works.

The only difference between the two setups is therefore the ftp password, the local directories, which sit side by side, and the repo on bitbucket cloud, which are in the same account.  Any ideas? 

I was thinking there might be a permissions issue, but both the files on the remote ftp server are identical and have the same permissions. I tried setting a file to 755 but it still did not change. Both ftp connections have been tested in FileZilla and respond in the same way - I can edit the files in FileZilla. 

2 answers

1 vote

Fixed!!!! Thanks to some other threads on GIT

https://github.com/git-ftp/git-ftp/issues/244

This is what I needed to do.

1. I changed my yaml file from saying "git ftp push" to "git ftp push --force"

2. Commit and let it rebuild. It will force send all your files (I think all you changed files only as it was very fast) to the remote server.

3. Set the yaml file back to "git ftp push".

I think it happened when I copied my files form one repo to another, some traces got brought with. 

All done!!

sererejegede October 8, 2018

This was exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot

Like Pavel likes this
Nick-Cassidy October 13, 2019

Many thanks for posting solution. I can confirm works as explained. I had exactly same problem and spent hours trying to figure it out. 

Instant result. 

imam_mahmudi March 19, 2020

Thanks a lot bro

0 votes

Some clues: - I see this in the detail of the log, even though the main log is marked ""successful"

+ git ftp push -u xxxxxxx -p xxxxxxx

cloud9xxxxxxxx.net/portal/portalpublic Unknown SHA1 object, make sure you are deploying the right branch and it is up-to-date.Do you want to ignore and upload all files again? [y/N]: Aborting...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events