Personal Access Token for Bitbucket Cloud?

Hello!

I can only find documentation for personal access token for Bitbucket Server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/personal-access-tokens-939515499.html

Is this functionality also available for Bitbucket Cloud?

Thank you

1 answer

0 vote

Hi David, apologies for the late response! I hope this answer will still help someone, so here it goes :)

Bitbucket Cloud does not have personal access tokens, but depending on what use you wanted to give them you can use App passwords or OAuth instead.

Would this suit you?

Cheers!

Ana

What is the reason behind lack of *personal access tokens* feature in Bitbucket cloud? 

As a developer, I find access tokens very handy when you are executing Git commands (i.e. clone, push, pull, etc). I use Github's personal access token on daily basis and it's super convenient. 

I guess I will have to disable 2FA in my bitbucket :( 

Hi @Raf, Bitbucket developer here.

I believe that App passwords that Ana referred to above are just what you're looking for. They were introduced exactly for the case when 2FA is turned on but some scoped access with basic auth is required.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Daniil

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

150 views 4 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you