Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Issue

Antanas Samkus December 27, 2021

After I try to git push on Vs code , my terminal gives this line:terminal displays this: "Password for 'https://User-Name@bitbucket.org':"
But it doesn't let me type or paste anything. So where should i confirm this password? Nothing pops up on vs code, nowhere to type my password.

Anyone else had this problem and knows how to solve it?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antanas Samkus December 29, 2021

Thank You very much Caroline for this answer it helped me a lot. I learned that Terminal reads my password even I can't see.Paste, trust, enter that's all it took to solve it .  

Srikanth Raj March 16, 2022

i had installed atllasian crowd jest before 10days 

i forget my user id n password 

also i try to do forget password 

but itz not generating in my mail id

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2021

Hi, @Antanas Samkus! Welcome to the community! 

Before we start, I would like to confirm that I've properly understood what is happening on your side. Feel free to correct me in case I have misunderstood something here.

Apparently, you are cloning a repository through VSCode, then your terminal opens during this process and it gives you a prompt for a password, but you can’t add anything, is that correct? If that’s the case, could you please share with us a screenshot of VSCode and the terminal so we can better understand what you see? Please remember to blur any sensitive data in the screenshot.

I would also like to share with you that when a terminal asks for a password, it never actually shows your password and it doesn’t show you typing your password for security reasons, but you should still be able to copy-paste or type your password there. So, if you type it and press enter, do you get any error messages?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events