cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel steps most of the time are not running concurrently

xicond September 15, 2022

Bitbucket pipeline

I saw parallel steps most of the time are not running concurrently

Is there any factor or trick that affecting concurrency in parallel step, seems most of the time it was running from smallest scripts, not sure too.

I'm wandering whether any tips to activate the concurrency

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
xicond October 11, 2022

Found out there's prebuild stage is not part of log time
hence, cannot properly audit Parallel steps run concurrently or not based on build setup time

Also cache entities to download causing unseen time consuming

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2022

Hi @xicond 

G'day.

When you notice the parallel steps not running concurrently, do you see what the status of the current steps is?

Are the steps on queue, running, stops, or is there any specific message of the status of the steps?

That said, did this happens on a Paid or Free account because a Free account has a limitation of 10 steps per account as documented here so it may affect the concurrent steps being triggered at that time.

Cheers,
Syahrul

xicond September 18, 2022

the longer scripts will wait and keep loading in Build step, I'm in standard plan

Thanks

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2022

Hi @xicond 

Interesting, I've raised a ticket on behalf of you so we can continue the investigation since I believe we may require to review your YAML and understand your current pipeline build.

You can check the ticket under the support portal here.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events