PR - Something Went Wrong, merge to develop

Deleted user July 5, 2021

Problem:  I can't view files changed of any pr merging to develop

What I tried: View in vscode, changing branch permission. (both not work, in vscode just loading)

Good to know: Merging to other branch is fine. And the total commits merging to develop is around 900. (yes, sorry)

What I want: What causing it and a solution or a workaround.

I'm speaking on behalf of my company.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hi, @[deleted]! Welcome to the community! 

I understand you are not been able to see the diffs on the Pull Requests to the develop branch, is that correct? If that's the case, as the diffs can become very large, we have some limits on diffs for pull requests:

• A file's diff cannot exceed 2000 changed lines or 102,400 bytes (100 KB) of raw diff data.

• The entire diff cannot exceed 8000 changed lines.

• The maximum number of files in a single diff is limited to 200.

Could you please confirm if the diff of these Pull Requests is within our limits? 

If any of these limits are exceeded, then this is the expected behavior. You can read more about our limits on the following link: 

If the PR diff is within the limits, could you confirm what kind of 5XX code you get when loading this page? 

Yow can check this information by accessing More tools > Developer tools > tab Network > Select the request that gives 5xx > in the Headers tab, there should be a sentry id, you can give us that to check. 

Please, feel free to share any additional information regarding this case. 

Kind regards,

Caroline

Deleted user July 5, 2021

Hi @Caroline R ,

I've checked and believe it's well above your limit, the network received a 555 status code.

From the link you gave me regarding the limit, it also mentions it will try to load the files individually if it's above the limit. But it seems to not work in my case also. Is there anything I can do to workaround this limit at the moment?

Thank you.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi, @[deleted]. 

Indeed, in our Pull Request limitation doc, we indicate that "When the limits listed above are reached, the pull request loads files individually. You can navigate between files by using the file tree in the right sidebar or the navigation buttons in the header."

So, in case you reach those limits, you should be able to see the files individually. However, if you don’t reach, but exceed those limits, the backend calculations will time out and the system will not be able to display those files one by one.

In this case, you can either split this PR into multiple, or you can review (using git diff command) and merge this PR locally and push the merged commit to BB after.

We do understand that large PRs are sometimes necessary, and for this reason, we are actively working on improving large pull requests performance through the following feature request:

Our development team will give a first-hand update through this ticket whenever any progress is made, so I would suggest keeping a watch for it. Please note that all feature requests are implemented with this policy in mind: 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,

Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events